About

Freeport Press is a full-service, digital printing, bindery and design company, providing affordable, high-quality printing solutions to Freeport and Northwest Illinois, since 1973.


1973

Forty-five years ago, Freeport Press was founded by eight partners in the basement of the former Freeport Journal Standard building, 110 East Main, Freeport.

fp 8 partners
List of founding and active employees, circa mid-1980’s

The printing business was established to support the production of newspaper inserts and other printing needs that weren’t possible on the high-volume, newspaper web press.

1989

In 1989 Ellen and Roger Glisan purchased Freeport Press from the original founders. The business continued to operate as a full-service commercial print shop, while supporting the production needs of Pekin Publications, an educational publisher run by Ellen and Roger. Around this time the shop moved from downtown Freeport to the present-day location, and former Army Reserve facility, 1031 West Empire Street.

FP brochure OS938.jpg
Sales brochure featuring the new location at 1031 W Empire Street

1996 – present

In 1996 Freeport Press was purchased by Debbie and Jack Barron. The 1990’s and early-2000’s brought many changes to page layout, desktop publishing and printing technologies. Despite a variety of industry-wide changes, customer needs and stresses on the economy, Freeport Press continues a long legacy as a small, family-owned business, serving the printing needs of Freeport and Northwest Illinois.

Call 815.232.1181 or email us at printer@freeportpress.net

jack & deb
Debbie and Jack Barron, owners of Freeport Press for over 22 years